Ebay Item Description - Make it Make Money
The Item Description for your eBay auction is the most important thing you can focus when trying to get bidders to see your auction listing. If you have a poor Item Description and a great item, you're going to be missing out on a lot of potential bidders. Read this short article to find out what you need to do and what you need to avoid in order to get every possible bidder out there. Face it, the more people that see your auction, the higher it will get bid up.
What's the big eBay "Item Description" deal?
The deal is this. When someone searches on eBay the results are shown based upon 2 major things. Item Title and Item Description. Your item's title is the auctions first line of attraction, but limits you to how many characters you can use. The Item Description is unlimited to characters which gives you the ability to use it as a major resource in making sure people find your auction.
Ok, I get it the point, now what?
Now that you know you have to use your Item Description to get bidders to your auction there are a few things to make sure you do and don't do.
1. Repeat the auction title in the description.
2. Use all of the keywords you can think of. The more words you can use the more chance you have of coming up in the search results.
3. Use misspelled words or commonly interchangeable words (Example: "new item" could also be described as "new in box", "never opened", "brand new", "NIB" ETC...)
4. If you are selling a Ferrari don't say "not a Corvette" just so your auction will show up in Corvette searches. Ebay may/will end your auction for this type of activity.
5. Do not put a huge list of keywords in your auction and then make them invisible. You need to actually use the keywords in sentence or list format. The last thing you want to do is be shut down by eBay for trying to pull a fast one.
What else is important about the eBay Item Description?
The Item Description has many other important factors which will be detailed in another article. This is where the meat of your auction is and needs to be taken very seriously if you want to get top bid for your auctions. You can do many other things to get a few more bidders here and there but nothing plays a larger role in how people find your auction than this
Jerhad - the ebay tipster Want the latest tips from a powerseller?
Visit http://www.getmorebidders.com for articles, videos, polls, and much more on how to maximize your profits today!